Pleasant Groves is located in west-central Jackson County in the extreme northeastern corner of the state. It has a mayor/city council form of government.
Pleasant Groves was incorporated in 1993.
According to 2020 Census estimates, Pleasant Groves recorded a population of 481. Of that number, 97.5 percent of respondents identified themselves as white, 1.2 percent as two or more races, 1.0 percent as American Indian, and 0.2 percent as Asian. The town’s median household income was $51,169, and the per capita income was $27,662.
According to 2020 Census estimates, the workforce in Pleasant Groves was divided among the following industrial categories:
- Educational services and health care and social assistance (24.8 percent)
- Manufacturing (24.8 percent)
- Retail trade (9.9 percent)
- Professional, scientific, and management, and administrative and waste management services (9.5 percent)
- Construction (7.2 percent)
- Public administration (6.3 percent)
- Arts, entertainment, and recreation, and accommodation and food services (4.1 percent)
- Other services, except public administration (4.1 percent)
- Transportation and warehousing, and utilities (3.6 percent)
- Finance and insurance, and real estate and rental and leasing (2.3 percent)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting, and extraction (2.3 percent)
- Wholesale trade (1.4 percent)
Students in Pleasant Groves attend Jackson County schools; no public schools are located within the town limits.
County Road 8 bisects Pleasant Groves through the center of town, running northeast-southwest.
Events and Places of Interest
Pleasant Groves maintains a municipal park that features a pavilion, a playground, a walking trail, and outdoor volleyball and basketball courts. A community center features a dining hall that can be reserved for group activities and for city celebrations, such as annual Fourth of July and Labor Day festivities.
Jackson County Heritage Book Committee. The Heritage of Jackson County, Alabama Clanton, Ala.: Heritage Publishing Consultants, 1998.