The Iron Bridge (also known as Moore's Creek Bridge), constructed ca. 1920, is a feature of the Langdale Mill Village Historic District in Valley, Chambers County. The iron trusses were salvaged from a larger bridge that once crossed the Chattahoochee River at West Point, Georgia. The salvaged section floated downstream when the river flooded in 1919. The historic district features houses built for workers employed at West Point Manufacturing's Langdale Mill, which made a type of canvas known as cotton duck. The mill was established in 1866. The historic district was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in July 1991. The iron bridge is in the same park as the Horace King Memorial Covered Bridge and is near the Langdale Boat Landing on the Chattahoochee River.
Iron Bridge, Valley
Photo courtesy of Laura Newland Hill