The Governor's Club in Magnolia Springs, Baldwin County is a notable example of an early twentieth century resort hotel and was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2000. The hotel was originally constructed around 1908 as part of numerous buildings on the estate of Chicago businessman Frank Brunell. In 1923, Brunell sold several acres of their property, including the property on which this structure sat, to local businessman Walter Richardson, who donated it to a local civic organization called the Governor's Club to serve as a resort. It served that purpose until the mid-1930s, when it became a private residence. It remains so today.