This sandstone marker, known as the Ellicott Stone, was placed by surveyor Andrew Ellicott and his team in 1799 to mark the location of the boundary between the United States and Spanish West Florida along the 31st Parallel. It is located just north of the community of Bucks, Mobile County, and is accessible via a short trail. On the American side, the marker reads "U.S. Lat. 31, 1799," and the Spanish side reads "Domino De S.M Carlos IV, Lat. 31, 1799."