Restored Carriage at Museum of East Alabama

The first artifact donated to the Museum of East Alabama was this restored carriage, built around 1920. Donated by John T. Harris, the carriage originally belonged to George Dowdell, who lived on the Harris farm. Dowdell purchased the carriage from Brownfield Hardware Company in Opelika. The carriage is part of the museum's On the Go exhibit.

Photograph by Ben Berntson