Old Union Crossing Covered Bridge

The Old Union Crossing Covered Bridge spans the West Fork of the Little River in DeKalb County. The bridge is 90 feet long and was originally constructed by the U.S. Army around 1863 during the Civil War in either Talladega County or Calhoun County and was moved to its current location around 1972. Resort owner Jack E. Jones rebuilt the covered bridge on top of an existing steel bridge as an attraction on his property near Mentone on Lookout Mountain.

Photo courtesy of Jerrye and Roy Klotz, Creative Commons

Appears In