Jones Hall was the first building constructed on the campus of the University of West Alabama. Completed in 1837, it was named for trustee Capt. William Alexander Campbell Jones, who constructed the covered bridge now located on the campus and also lived in the Spence-Moon House in Livingston. Jones Hall housed all the administrative and educational offices for the school until additional buildings were constructed. The entire building was lost in a fire in the 1890s.