Eldridge Old School Building

This schoolhouse was built in Eldridge, Walker County, in the late 1880s. In 1897, it became part of the West Alabama Male and Female College and then in 1906 part of the Eldridge Baptist Academy. That school closed in 1940, and the building was purchased by the Eldridge Baptist Children’s Home, which is still in operation.

Photo courtesy of Jimmy Emerson

Appears In