Skip directly to content

Overton Farm

The Overton Farm in Hodges, Franklin County was first established in 1817 by Abner and Judy Mae Overton. The family controlled the farm's 160 acres until 1969, when the Tennessee Valley Authority purchased it and turned it into the Bear Creek Education Center, aimed at providing local children with a view of rural and farming life during the nineteenth century. Today, the property is undergoing conservation and restoration efforts.
Photo courtesy of Collier Neeley