Skip directly to content

Thrasher Hall at Tusksegee University

Thrasher Hall was built in 1893 on the campus of Tuskegee Institute based on a design by campus architect Robert R. Taylor. It originally served as the science building and a dormitory and was named for Max Bennett Thrasher, Booker T. Washington's publicist.
Courtesy of the Library of Congress; photograph by Frances Benjamin Johnston