Skip directly to content

Mobile Bay Gas Platforms

Natural gas platforms and equipment rise from Mobile Bay to the south of Dauphin Island. In the foreground is Sand Island Lighthouse, which was first built in 1871 to replace the previous structure destroyed by the U.S. Navy during the Civil War.
Photograph courtesy of the Mobile Press-Register. Used with permission. All rights reserved.